Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yesterday afternoon we drove to Angleton, a town 72 miles southwest of Houston to watch Sierra play in a girls softball tournament. It was very exciting: great pitching, double plays, runners stealing bases, fanatic parents, umpires threatening to throw coaches out of the game, a tie at the finish necessitating an extra inning, and finally a win for Sierra's team, the Wharton Thunder. Hooray! Then we all...by all I mean Kiki and I, the entire Thunder team plus their brothers and sisters and parents, Gene and Dorothy (Melvin's parents), Melvin and Sheri...went to Chili's to eat and celebrate the victory. Kiki and I got home at 11:15! Ah, the excitement of it all!
Toby has emerged as the barker of the pack, and Teddy is the mama's boy. Toby feels it is his duty to inform everyone of any cow, horse, donkey or persons moving about anywhere within his territory. Also chicken activities must be closely monitored. And any braying by Pedro must be returned in kind. And of course alerts must be issued for unexpected or unfamiliar noises.
Yesterday morning Kiki, Carrel and I were out on the driveway enjoying the nice weather and breeze. Hondo and Teddy were at my feet as I sat knitting away on Lindsay's sweater. Hondo was trying to get Teddy to play with him. Suddenly, in a split second, he grabbed my ball of yarn and took off at a dead run for the barn, yarn unravelling and then snapping off! My expensive yarn! Oh, he was so proud of himself, standing off at a distance looking back at us, shaking the yarn in his mouth. Whenever Kiki or Carrel tried to approach him, off he'd go across the yard. Finally Kiki went in the house and got dog cookies, which Hondo traded for the yarn. Carrel tried to wind it back up for me, but it took a while to restore it to usable order. I figure it makes Lindsay's sweater all the more special!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment