Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spa Day


This morning my sister and I want to a spa salon over across the freeway, and it was so much fun! Like so many others, it was staffed completely by adorable young women from Viet Nam (with one papa san who pretty much stayed out of sight). This place was the best nail salon I've ever been to! The girls all wore these cute little green striped aprons, and the place was sparkling clean. There were no big screen TVs playing movies, only nice watercolors of big flowers and soothing music. Each station was very neat with only the few tools or lotions actually being used on top; everything else was kept out of sight until needed. The foot bath water was scented with menthol, and the girls used fresh limes to rub our toes and fingers. We had foot masks, massages, parafin treatments, hot rock massages, cooling gel, lavender massage lotion, heated deep lotion treatments, warm towels...I could go on and on. I am sure I am not remembering all the nice touches. We were there for over two hours, and felt oh so beautiful when we left. Here's my sister enjoying the attention (see picture).
We are painting the living room now. Another shopping trip for curly willow is in the offing as the reeds we bought at Hobby Lobby are too short (for the dining room).
Both of us have been enjoying the Sho Time series, "The Tudors". We have watched 6 episodes from Season 1 so far. I am in love with Jonathan Rys-Meyers (Henry VIII), and I think Natalie Dormer is adorable (Anne Boelyn). I mailed the disk off to Netflix today so we may have another three episodes to watch by this time tomorrow. Meanwhile, my nephew Wesley says that "Rome" is a good series too.

No comments:

Post a Comment