Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday, July 24






Friday! I am so sad because NEXT Friday, we have to leave to go back to Arizona! I can't believe my adventure is coming to an end. And the summer, too. Boo hoo :( I have a long list of things I still want to do, and I know we won't get to all of them next week!




Here is Teddy, making for the shore during his last swimming lesson. Actually Kiki tossed him in where it was so shallow, I think he is walking to the shore in this picture. She tossed him back in where it was deeper the second time, and he did have to swim. The funniest part of swimming lessons is when they get out of the water and go crazy rolling and running wildly in the grass, drying off and feeling very frisky!
A recent stampede, as photographed from the safety of the barn: Cindy, Solano and Doc racing around, dust flying, dogs barking and in hot pursuit, wind blowing, lightning off to the north...just a regular afternoon around here. Oh by the way, one of my jobs is keeping that trough you see full of water. In a day's time the water level goes down about halfway!

Below is "Goober", my sister's latest rescue. They found him half-dead and starving in the barn and nursed him back to health. He is just adorable, tearing around with a catnip mouse and fighting with Harley. Kiki contemplated naming him "Barney" since they found him in the barn, but Carrel and Wesley insisted on "Goober". Since I don't like that name, I just call him "Kitten". Teddy and Toby pay him no mind at all anymore (after their initial, predatory interest). Got to go...breakfast is ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment