Thursday, July 2, 2009

Go!

Our first day...after a last minute flurry of crises at the house, we drove away at 6:13 this morning. And arrived at Ft. Stockton, Texas at 8 PM (Texas time). All in all the dogs were good. Well, I should say, my dogs were good. Harley has developed a significant, and I'm afraid, quite severe neurosis related to my sister. He throws a real whammy of a fit if my sister is out of sight. And most of the time he must be touching her. I sense some enabling going on as she seems to be flattered by his (obsessive) attachment. Toby did not throw up, not once. They rode in their kennel in the back seat, and pretty much stayed in there even though the door was open. The most amazing thing we saw all day was this GIGANTIC stretch of dairy cows just west of El Paso, Texas. There was pen after pen after pen, for miles! and all filled with a large number of cows. So many cows! They must supply all of Texas with milk. My neice Sheri called and invited us down for a 4th of July party and her father-in-law's 85th birthday (she lives "down in the country" south of Houston. My sister seemed less than enthusiastic about going. I figured we could go at 4 and leave after some of the TX BBQ and related festivities, but not stay for the fireworks which start at 9. Who knows? I may be going by myself.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun and say "Happy Birthday, Handsome!" to Gene for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and where did you stay in Fort Stockton? (The worst hotel or the second worst?)

    ReplyDelete