Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7th

Today would have been my brother Dick's 70th birthday. My sister and I have been remembering stories about him all day. Happy Birthday, Dickie! We miss you.
During last night's pasture walk, Teddy was a little more confident about leaving my side but he didn't get too far away. Toby, meanwhile, has settled into farm life quite nicely; he races outside with all the other dogs while Teddy looks to see if I am coming. Toby rushes at the fences, barking like crazy at chickens or horses or donkeys. He looks for rats with everyone else. Hondo follows him everywhere. Harley has taken a liking to Teddy, as has Rio who is usually two steps behind him. There are lots and lots of places to pee around here, and while Teddy and Toby have taken advantage of that fact, I have not. Toby did not jump in the pond last night, but we did throw him into a horse trough. He got himself out and immediately rolled in the dust, necessitating a dip in the wading pool when we got back to the house.
Kiki just told me that Pedro has an appointment at the vet on Monday. He's going to have a little procedure which will reduce the amount of testosterone circulating around his little body, and hopefully make him a nicer burro. I think Kiki and I may be taking him by ourselves which should be an adventure.
Here's a priceless "Carrelism" for you: talking about rain down in the city, he said, "We was in a real turd floater down where we was at." I'll keep you posted of any new ones.
My biggest accomplishment for the day was learning how to purl Continental-style. I am not fast yet but my movements are smoother and less awkward. If I can polish up my technique a little it should speed up progress on the sweater I'm knitting.
I'm typing from Kiki's dial-up computer, so no pictures today. Katy Library tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is hunkey dorey there in Texas. Get us a picture of the sweater. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. nwmimi,
    everything not so hunkey dorey...read the other blog!

    ReplyDelete